A Google Account is your gateway to a variety of services to enhance your web presence. As a general rule each website should have its own Google Account.
- Go to Google.com
- Click on “Sign in” in the upper right hand corner.
- Click on “Create an account now” link.
- Enter the current email address that you will use for account verification.
- Select a password of at least eight characters. We suggest something complicated with a mix of upper and lowercase characters, numbers and non-alpha numeric characters.
- Choose wether or not to stay logged in all of the time. (Recommended)
- Choose whether or not to Enable Web History. It does improve personal search results.
- Choose your location.
- Select your birthday. This is not displayed anywhere. It is simply trying to verify legally eligible to have an account where you live.
- Try and decipher the Google captcha and enter what you think you see in the provided field (Good Luck).
- Agree to the terms of service.
- Click on “I Accept. Create My Account” button.
- You will now be asked to confirm the email associated with the account. When you receive the confirmation email click the confirm link at the top.
- You will be taken to a confirmation page. You can now log on to your new Google account.
Blog Post – Why You need a Google Account