- Laptop – MacBook Pro, 15”, i7,16GB RAM, 256GB Flash Storage, 6TB external storage
- iPhone 11 Pro
- Apple Watch Series 2
- Personal Server – Mac Mini, i7, 16GB RAM, 7TB of storage, 46” 1080 Monitor
- Windows 10 – Dell Desktop – For technical support reference.
- Windows XP – Dell Desktop – For technical support reference.
- Business Servers – Google Compute Engine – Debian Linux optimized for WordPress
Contact me and I will help you find the computer that is right for you!
Software I Use The Most
- Browser – Apple Safari handles secure site logins better than Chrome and I use long ugly passwords.
- Note Taking – Notes – Apple – Comes with Macs, iPhone, and iPad. Other than Google Chrome this is my most used piece of software.
- Video Editing – Final Cut Pro – Apple
- Video Encoding – Compressor – Apple
- Image Management – Photos – Apple – Comes with Macs, iPhone, and iPad.
- Image Editing – Affinity Photo – Serif Labs
- Vector Graphics – Affinity Designer – Serif Labs
- CAD – Fusion 360 – Autodesk
- Word Processor – Pages – Apple – Comes with newer Macs, iPhone, and iPad. (I don’t use it much. I do most of my text preparation in Notes)
- Spreadsheet – Numbers – Apple – Comes with newer Macs, iPhone, and iPad. (It’s not Excel)
- Presentations – Keynote – Apple – Comes with newer Macs, iPhone, and iPad.
- Accounting – Quickbooks Mac 2016 – Intuit
- Integrated Development Environment (IDE) – xCode – Apple – Free on the Apple App Store.
- Text Editor – Sublime Text 3
- Fiber to the house
- 1GB AT&T Internet connection
- Apple Airport Extreme router – Apple has discontinued this router.
- Entertainment and Home Control – Apple TV
- Ecobee3 Thermostat with Sensor, Wi-Fi, 2nd Generation
- Light Switches – Lutron Caseta
- Lights – All lights are LED or compact florescent. Be sure to ALWAYS buy dimmable bulbs. Smart switches have a problem with non-dimmable bulbs.
- Color lights – Lifx – (This is not a HomeKit compatible product as of 1/26/2017 but it has been announced.)
Lard Ass Automation
- Most used camera – Canon HFG20
- Stills and Highest Quality Video – Nikon D5200 with AF-S Nikkor 18-55mm 1:3-5.6G – Discontinued the Nikon D5500 is the current model.
- Action Cameras – GoPro
- Digital Audio Recorder – Zoom H4N PRO Digital Multitrack Recorder – 2016 Version
- USB Mic – Blue Snowball iCE Condenser Microphone
- Camera External Mic – Rode
- Wireless Mics – Shure Wireless Lav Mics
- HDMI Capture – BlackMagic Intensity Shuttle Thunderbolt – This product sucks! I do not recommend it.
Computer Lab Equipment
- Small hand tools – iFixIt Pro Tech Toolkit
- Soldering Iron – Hakko FX-951 Soldering Station with a T15-D16 1.6mm Chisel Tip
- Preferred tip – Hakko T15-JS02
- Multimeter – Kline
- Fume Extractor – Hakko FA400-04 Bench Top ESD-Safe Smoke Absorber
- Microscope – AmScope 7X-45X Simul-Focal Stereo Lockable Zoom Microscope on Dual Arm Boom Stand
- Microscope LED light – AmScope LED-144-YK 144-LED Microscope Ring Light with Adapter
- Hot Air station – Weller WHA900 650w/120v Hot Air Rework Station
- Ultrasonic cleaner – Crest CP500HT
- Solder – Kester 44 Rosin Core Solder 63/37 .020″ 3/4oz Dispense-Pak
- Flux – Amtech NC-559-V2 Tacky Flux, 30cc syringe
- Solder paste – Amtech Syntech solder paste SN63/PB37 35 gram syringe
- Jumper wire THIN – Remington Industries 40SNSP.25 40 AWG Magnet Wire, Enameled Copper Wire, 4 oz., 0.0034″ Diameter, 8304′ Length
- Jumper wire THICK – Remington Industries 34SNSP.25 34 AWG Magnet Wire, Enameled Copper Wire, 4 oz., 0.0069″ Diameter, 2022′ Length
- Ultrasonic Cleaner Fluid – Branson EC cleaning fluid
- Nitrile gloves – Nitrile Medical Grade Examination Gloves
Connections Information Systems is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking.