Amarillo Art Institute will be presenting e-commerce Essentials. An internet marketing class taught by Kenneth Jackson, owner of Connections Digital Media. This class will focus on building a first class online presence and getting your art, product or service noticed online.
Join us on Tuesday nights from April 3rd – May 8th from 6:30-8:30 pm. The class will be accompanied by an online version that you can follow daily. Every day your will get an email detailing the tasks to be completed in the development of your website. The cost of the workshop will be $160.00 for Members and $175.00 for non members.
Kenneth Jackson has been building websites for over 15 years and has helped hundreds of clients get their products and services online. Kenneth is an expert in website design, e-commerce and internet marketing. In fact, he built our site!
E-commerce Training for the Complete Beginner
Introducing the Connections Digital Media E-commerce Essentials Training Program. E-commerce Essentials is a completely free training program designed to show the complete beginner step by step how to promote their products and services online.
What Can You Expect From the eCommerce Essentials Training…
Connections Digital Media E-commerce Essentials Training is designed to help business owners with little to no technical experience market their goods and services online.
We presume that you already have a product that you wish to sell but we will still go through the market research required to find and successfully present any product in the most effective way!
E-commerce Essentials – Training
- E-commerce Essentials Training will email daily goals at 9 am CST (US) during the module days to guide you through the process of setting up a professional WordPress site and show you how to market your goods and services online. Participants are notified via email and a blog post on Connections Digital Media blog, so please ensure you are subscribed via email and also subscribed to the blog RSS.
- E-commerce Essentials is designed to be a 45 day course of study. This means that the content will be presented over a 45 day period but the content is always available so you can complete the course at your own pace.
- Videos of the training content is available via a variety of methods. The content is available via this training page on the index below or via our official Connections Digital Media YouTube channel.
- The training materials are completely free, however, participants are strongly recommended to purchase a unique domain name and web hosting that may lead to a small cost. We recommend Connections ProSites for hosting.
The Essentials of Internet Marketing in Six Parts
- Tools of the Trade
- Getting Your Business Started Online
- Content Creation
- Getting Noticed and Measuring Your Progress
- Introduction to Traffic Generation – Social Networks
- Conclusion – Where Do I Go From Here?
The E-commerce Essentials training program will help ANYONE, even a beginner, learn about internet marketing and get started building a online business even if you have no time, no money or haven’t got a clue how to get started on the Internet.
By Participating in E-commerce Essentials You Will:
- Become familiar with the tools of the internet marketing trade.
- You will learn some of the basics of online market research
- You will learn how to install and maintain a first class, professional WordPress blog.
- You will learn basic Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- You will learn how to track your progress with Google Analytics.
- You will learn about basic link building.
- You will learn how to use social networks such as Facebook and Twitter to promote your business.
- You will learn how to setup and maintain a email marketing campaign
- You will learn the basics of Pay-Per-Click advertising.
Connections Digital Media Blog
The Connections Digital Media Blog is updated daily with each new release of daily module content. The blog is also frequently updated by Kenneth with other relevant Internet Marketing related news and information so is well worth visiting frequently.
Connections Digital Media Forums
Connections Digital Media Forums is our NEW community portal that requires a simple registration in order to participate. With the E-commerce Essentials Forums we seek to build a strong community that is always willing to help out. Any questions or queries you have, you’ll always find someone on the forum willing to help. While being brand new, We hope the Connections Digital Media Forums will grow rapidly and prove to be a valuable resource.
Module 1: Tools of the Trade
- Introducing WordPress
- Introducing Connections ProSites
- How To Install Google Chrome
- Connections Digital Media’s Favorite Google Chrome Plugins for SEO
- How to Setup a Google Account and Profile
- How To Setup a Facebook Account and Basic Facebook Features
- How to Manage Facebook’s Newest Privacy Settings
- How to Setup a Facebook Fan Page
- How to Setup a Twitter Account
Photo & Image Management
- How To Host, Share and Edit Your Images Online
Module 2: Getting Your Business Started Online
- Your Niche
- Introducing Market Samurai
- How to Setup Market Samurai
- Finding the Phrase That Pays
- SEO Competition Analysis
Domains and Hosting
- How to Register a Domain Name with GoDaddy
- Introducing Connections ProSites
- Introducing WordPress.com
- How to Setup WordPress on Connections Pro Sites
- How to Post to Your WordPress Blog
- Connections ProSites WordPress Plugins
Module 3: Content Creation
- Page Setup and Keyword Flow
- Copy Writing – Writing Unique Copy
Search Engine Optimization (SEO)
- Onsite Factors
- Basic SEO Work Flow
- Keyword Flow
Module 4: Getting Noticed and Measuring your Progress
Analytics – Tracking Your Progress
- Introducing Google Analytics (TOT)
- How to Setup Google Analytics
- How to Setup Google Analytics on WordPress
- Assessing Traffic and Click Stats using Google Analytics
Basic Link Building
- Introduction to Link Building
- The Importance of Backlinks
- Creating Authority Back Links
Module 5: Introduction to Traffic Generation – Social Networks
Email Marketing and List Management
- List Management
- Feedburner – Getting Started with RSS
- Introducing MailChimp
- How to Setup MailChimp
- Creating and Email List in MailChimp
- Building Your Email Template
- How to Create a Campaign with MailChimp
- How to Create a RSS Campaign with MailChimp
- Email Tracking
- Adding MailChimp to WordPress
Social Networking and Public Relations
- Building your Social Profile
- How to use Facebook
- How to use Twitter
Module 6: Conclusion
- Mistakes Marketers Make
- Leverage Yourself
- What To Do Now! – Beyond the E-commerce Essentials